Product added to cart
Terms and Conditions of Canon “R Dollar” Program
1. “R Dollar” Program (the “Program”) is operated by Canon Hongkong Company Limited (“Canon”).
2. Promotion Period of the Program is from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 (both dates are inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Upon choosing to participate in the Program, the participants shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions (this “Agreement”). For the purpose of this Agreement, “participant(s)” and “you” are used interchangeably.
4. Participants shall meet all of the following eligibility criteria to participate in the Program:
(a) Participants must be Hong Kong residents aged 18 or above holding valid Hong Kong identity card and Club Canon members;
(b) Participants must purchase the designated Canon product(s) or product combination* (“Canon Selected Products”) at any one of the following locations during the Promotion Period:
i. Canon Online Store;
ii. Canon Image Square; or
iii. Designated shop of any authorized dealers of Canon (collectively, referred to as “Canon Sales Locations”*); and
(c) Participants must complete the product warranty registration in accordance with Clause 10 below for such Canon Selected Products within 30 days after purchase from Canon Sales Locations.
5. The lists of Canon Sales Locations and Canon Selected Products may be subject to updates from time to time during the Promotion Period without prior notice to the participants. For details and latest updates of Canon Sales Location and Canon Selected Products, please refer to https://store.hk.canon/r-dollar (“Designated Website”).
6. Canon has the sole and absolute discretion to decide whether to provide R Dollars (“R Dollars”) and Canon may reject any application from any person without giving any reason.
Earning R Dollars
7. If you meet all the above eligibility criteria, you will be entitled to earn designated R Dollars corresponding to the respective Canon Selected Products. Please refer to the Designated Website for detailed R Dollars table showing corresponding R Dollars to each registered item of the Canon Selected Products (“R Dollars Table”). R Dollars Table is subject to updates from time to time during the Promotion Period without prior notice to the participants. For details and latest updates of R Dollars Table, please refer to https://store.hk.canon/r-dollar.
8. The warranty registration of any Canon Selected Products or the acquisition of R Dollars will only be available to the owner of such product. In order to avoid repeated registration/misappropriation, Canon may request any reasonable documentary proof of your purchase of such product including but not limited to original invoice(s) and purchase record card(s). In case of any failure to provide or delay in providing documentary proof as requested by Canon within 7 days, Canon reserves the right to disallow, cancel or revoke the corresponding R Dollars in respect of the particular product and in case of fraud, Canon may terminate your Club Canon account.
9. Each person may earn a maximum of 100,000 R Dollars during the Promotion Period.
10. Warranty registration mechanism shall be as follows:
(a) If you purchase 1 to 5 Canon Selected Products of the same model, you shall complete online product warranty registration in order to earn relevant R Dollars. R Dollars will be credited to your Club Canon account within 3 working days after completion of online product warranty registration.
(b) If you purchase 6 or above Canon Selected Products of the same model, in order to earn R Dollars for the 6th product and thereafter, you shall contact Canon Customer Service Hotline at 3191 2333 within working hours and send scanned copies of the invoice issued by Canon Sales Location and purchase record card to the designated email address. R Dollars will be credited to your Club Canon account within 14 working days from the date of Canon’s verification of the invoice(s) and purchase record card(s) submitted by you.
11. R Dollars are valid for 1 year from the date when such are credited to your Club Canon account. Any unused R Dollars shall be forfeited automatically after the end of such 1-year period. If there is still R Dollars balance within the 1-year period, and you earn new R Dollars by registering another Canon Selected Product within the Promotion Period, then the validity period of the balance of all R Dollars in your Club Canon account will be extended for 1 year from the date when the latest R Dollars are credited. For example, if 1,000 R Dollars are credited to your Club Canon account on 27 March 2023, they will expire on 26 March 2024; if none of such R Dollars are used and you earn another 300 R Dollars on 13 December 2023, then all 1,300 R Dollars will expire on 12 December 2024.
12. You are responsible for regular checking and paying attention to the validity of your R Dollars and manage the use of such prior to the expiration of the validity period. Any unused balance of R Dollars in your Club Canon account will be forfeited after the validity period. Canon is not responsible for giving you advance / separate notice as to when your R Dollars will expire / have expired. You may log in to you Club Canon account to check R Dollars status: https://www.canon.com.hk/tc/member/profile/login.do.
13. In case of successful and authorized return of and/or refund for any Canon Selected Products, your R Dollars in respect of the returned/refunded products will be cancelled automatically.
14. Upon the death of a participant, any unused R Dollars will be cancelled.
15. If your Club Canon account ceases to exist, any unused R Dollars will be cancelled.
16. All R Dollars are not transferrable or exchangeable for cash and/or any other benefits or items save and except for redemption of Promotional Gifts in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
17. You shall retain all original invoice(s) and purchase record card(s) of any registered Canon Selected Products during the validity period of corresponding R Dollars for verification by Canon. If you fail to provide or delay in providing the relevant proof including the original invoice(s) and purchase record card(s) of such products within seven (7) days from Canon’s request, Canon reserves the right to cancel any R Dollars earned in relation to such products and/or to recover the value of any Promotional Gifts redeemed with such R Dollars.
18. Canon has sole and absolute discretion to determine the validity of R Dollars or terminate/suspend usage of R Dollars. Canon may make necessary and appropriate adjustments to R Dollars for enforcement of Canon’s rights and obligations under this Agreement.
19. Canon reserves the right to transfer or cancel relevant R Dollars in the event of transfer of ownership of the Canon Selected Products.
Redemption of Promotional Gifts
20. R Dollars may be used to redeem designated gift, products or services (“Promotional Gifts”).
21. You shall log in to your Club Canon account through the Designated Website to choose Promotional Gifts. Any entitlement to the Promotional Gifts shall be subject to participant’s full compliance with and agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the respective terms and conditions of the Promotional Gifts. By redeeming the Promotional Gifts, you shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the respective terms and conditions of the Promotional Gifts.
22. Canon may at any time change the Promotional Gifts and quantity available for redemption.
23. Each of the Promotional Gifts has its own redemption limit and terms and conditions and shall be fully complied with. Each person can redeem up to 5 Promotional Gifts of the same item, subject to the redemption limit and/or availability of such Promotional Gifts at the time of redemption. Canon may at its sole and absolute discretion set and/or amend the redemption limit and/or any terms and conditions for the Promotional Gifts without further notice.
24. Redemption of Promotional Gifts is at the sole and absolute discretion of Canon subject to the availability of the Promotional Gifts. Please refer to the Designated Website for Promotional Gifts available for redemption.
25. At the time of redeeming the Promotional Gifts, you shall bring along the valid redemption coupon (“Redemption Coupon”) contained in redemption confirmation email issued by Canon and show your Hong Kong identity card for the purpose of verification. Separately, Canon has the right to request for original invoice and purchase record card of Canon Selected Products for verification. If you fail to provide the relevant proof, Canon reserves the right to reject your redemption of Promotional Gifts. Redemption of Promotional Gifts is only for benefit of the participants and is not transferrable or exchangeable for cash and/or any other benefits or items other than the Promotional Gifts in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the respective terms and conditions of the Promotional Gifts.
26. Upon participant’s reasonable request, Canon may assist participants in the process of redeeming Promotional Gifts with their R Dollars in accordance with their instructions subject always to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the respective terms and conditions of the Promotional Gifts.
27. Canon reserves the sole and absolute right to disqualify or exclude any participant from the Program and/or redeeming the Promotional Gifts, and/or demand the return of any Promotional Gifts to Canon without prior notice if the participant:
(a) commits a breach of this Agreement;
(b) fails to provide or delays in providing supporting documents within requested period or provides untrue, invalid or inconsistent information/documents;
(c) is found to be participating in the Program and/or redeeming the Promotional Gifts in any illegal or dishonest manner (including but not limited to registering Canon Selected Products that do not belong to such participant); or
(d) is reasonably considered by Canon to be suitable to be disqualified or excluded.
28. To participate in the Program and enjoy any Promotional Gifts, participants acknowledge and agree to the collection, use, storage, transfer and/or processing of their personal data by Canon during the course of the Program and/or redemption of Promotional Gifts for the sole purpose related to the Program and/or Promotional Gifts. Personal data involved is limited to the participant’s name, contact number, email address, (optional) birthday month, (optional) age range and/or any other reasonable personal data for the sole purpose of the Program and/or Promotional Gifts or for following up with the participant’s requests related to the Program and/or Promotional Gifts.
29. Participants’ personal data collected under the Program and/or redemption process of Promotional Gifts will be used by Canon for one or more of the following purposes:
(a) For notifying and following up with the participants, dealing with the participants’ enquiries, arranging insurance for the participants (if applicable), keeping record, confirming and/or updating relevant arrangement and verifying the participants’ identity;
(b) For creation, processing and maintenance of the participants’ enrollment and redemption record for the administration and monitoring of the Program and/or redemption process of Promotional Gifts;
(c) For statistical and analytical purposes;
(d) Where participants have given prior written consent to receiving direct marketing messages from Canon, Canon may share updates and communications that may be of interest to participants and/or personalizing participants’ customer experience with Canon; and
(e) Any other legitimate purposes as may be required under the applicable laws.
30. Canon (and/or through its service provider(s)) may take photo(s) and/or video(s) of certain activities of the Program (including but not limited to certain photography class(es)) for record purposes and/or promotion of future events and/or products and/or services. By participating in the Program and the activities, Participants consent to be captured in photos and/or videos (“Photos and Videos”). Participants hereby permit Canon and/or its affiliated companies and/or service providers to use, edit, modify, reproduce, publish and/or disseminate any such Photos and Videos by any means, in any manner and on any platform that Canon thinks fit for any purposes including but not limited to for Canon’s internal records, marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to, Canon’s websites, social media platforms (e.g. Facebook & LinkedIn) and/or other publications, whether within or outside of Hong Kong.
32. Any personal data provided to Canon may be processed, accessed, stored and/or transferred outside Hong Kong and/or to Canon’s affiliates or third party service providers including but not limited to cloud server providers situated outside Hong Kong. Such locations may offer a different level of protection of personal data. If Canon transfers your personal data outside Hong Kong, Canon will make sure to protect your personal data by applying the level of protection required under applicable data privacy laws.
33. Canon’s decision as to R Dollars entitlement and redemption of the Promotional Gifts shall be final and binding on the participants. R Dollars and Promotional Gifts are not transferrable or exchangeable for cash and/or any other benefits or items. No requests for change for other Promotional Gifts will be accepted.
34. All Promotional Gifts are available on a first come, first served basis while stock lasts.
35. Offer in the Program cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers, discount(s) and/or activity(ies).
36. If due to any reason, including but not limited to shortage of Promotional Gifts or discontinuance or delay in providing Promotional Gifts, Canon is unable to provide the Promotional Gifts in accordance with this Agreement, Canon reserves the right to, at its sole and absolute discretion, postpone the distribution of the Promotional Gifts or return the relevant R Dollars to participants’ Club Canon accounts, which is the sole remedy which the participants may have against Canon.
37. Any website in relation to the Program and/or Promotional Gift, including without limitation, its contents, functionality, performance and features are provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis at participants’ sole risk and without representations or warranties of any kind and all warranties, terms or conditions (express or implied, statutory or otherwise including but not limited to any warranty as to satisfactory quality or any warranty or commitment that access or use will be uninterrupted or error free) are expressly excluded. Accordingly, Canon shall not be liable for any losses (including direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages) arising out of the use of or inability to access such website and/or Promotional Gift. It shall be participants’ responsibility to make all necessary copies and backups of any information obtained or available from website. Accordingly, participants agree not to bring a claim of any nature against Canon in relation to participants’ use of or access to website and/or Promotional Gift except where such a claim cannot be excluded by law. Participants acknowledge and agree that Canon will have the right (subject to the discretion of the Court) to a stay of proceedings if Participants bring any claim against Canon in breach of the foregoing.
38. Canon is not responsible for and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any problems, technical malfunction or security loophole of any communication network, computer hardware or software or internet system; or due to any mistake made or actions by the participants during the Program and/or redemption/enjoyment of any Promotional Gifts.
39. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all time is based on the time of receipt of information submitted at the Canon server. Late registration and/or redemption, as the case may be, will not be accepted.
40. Canon shall not be liable to participants for any loss, damage, cost and/or expense directly or indirectly suffered by participants (including but not limited to, loss of profit, loss of saving, loss of goodwill, loss of revenue or loss of contract incurred by participants, whether anticipated or actual, or any special indirect or consequential damages of any nature whatsoever) or any action, claim and proceeding taken against participants by any third party or parties in connection with, incidental to and consequential upon the performance of Canon and/or its employees and/or its independent contractors and/or its collaborating partners in relation to the Program or any Promotional Gifts. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, to the extent permitted by law, Canon’s total aggregate liability in contract, tort, equity or otherwise for any direct loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the Program and/or any Promotional Gifts shall be limited to HK$100.
41. Any failure or delay by Canon to exercise or enforce any right under this Agreement shall not be deemed to be a waiver of that right or operate to bar the exercise or enforcement of it at any time or times thereafter.
42. The provisions contained in each clause of this Agreement shall be enforceable independently of each of the others and its validity shall not be affected if any of the others is invalid. In the event any provision of this Agreement is determined to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.
43. Canon reserves the right to amend, supplement, extend, renew, terminate and interpret this Agreement from time to time.
44. In case of any dispute, Canon reserves the right of final decision.
45. Canon shall have the sole and absolute right towards the Program and/or any Promotional Gifts, including the right to cancel, postpone or change any details of the Program and/or any Promotional Gifts without prior notice to any parties.
46. A person who is not a participant in the Program shall have no right at law to enforce this Agreement.
47. This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). Participants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong Courts in connection with any disputes arising from or in connection with this Agreement.
48. This Agreement is prepared in English and the Chinese translation is provided for reference only. In case of any inconsistency or ambiguity, the English version shall prevail.